This is the No Carbohydrate Foccacia Bread in which I have been raving. Since I have been following the ketogenic lifestyle, the thing that I have been missing the very most is good bread! Well, stop the clocks! This focaccia recipe satisfys all my cravings for good bread. It is so delicious and is very surprisingly easy to make in your Sayulita kitchen. Take it to your next potluck dinner and get the rave reviews that I have been talking about!
INGREDIENTS for FOCACCIA BREAD:
-2 cups shredded cheese - I like to use Queso Manchego de Cabra (Goat Manchego Cheese). You can buy this at Mega in Bucerias, just a short drive from Sayulita.
-2 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese
-2 cups super fine almond flour - I gave you the Almond Flour Recipe for making your own almond flour in a previous column.
-1 Tablespoon baking powder
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-3 large eggs
-1-2 Tablespoons olive oil dipping sauce * see recipe below
INGREDIENTS for OLIVE OIL DIPPING SAUCE:
I personally like to double this sauce so that I can dip as much as I want!
-2/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
-2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
-2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley, optional
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon pepper
-1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and make sure rack is in the middle
2. Line baking pan with parchment paper
3. Place all the focaccia ingredients in food processor bowl in the order that the ingredients are listed
4. Process until a sticky dough is formed
5. Scrape the dough onto the center of the parchment lined pan
6. Generously oil your fingers and then spread the dough with your fingertips until you have a nice sized rectangle
7. Oil your fingers again and then dimple your focaccia dough making depressions throughout
8. Stir the dipping sauce and then drizzle a few teaspoons over the dough and pay attention to the depressions, making sure that every depression has dipping sauce
9. Put baking pan in the hot oven and then immediately throw 6-8 ice cubes into oven bottom. The ice cubes release steam and helps the focaccia rise.
10. Bake 12-16 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
11. Remove from the parchment paper.
12. Cool on rack.
Combine all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small jar with a lid and shake until well combined. You will need to stir up the dipping sauce often as ingredients settle to the bottom quite quickly.
Tear off or cut a 1” slice and dip into sauce for each amazing bite full. I know that you will totally love this focaccia bread as much as I do!
I won’t be available for catering until November. If you have any questions or comments please go to my Sayulita Life webpage: Live, Love, & Eat in Sayulita. I am not certain if I have told you before, but pizza is my most favorite comfort food. It is definitely possible to make a very low carbohydrate keto pizza with simple ingredients. You may have read about Fathead pizza; if you have or have not, I will share how to make it! So yummy!
By: Karina Shecter