Pizza has always been my favorite go-to food when I want something special, so I absolutely needed a Ketogenic Friendly Pizza Crust. I have already given you a Cauliflower Crust Recipe, and I really like it, but I have recently found my perfect crust. Tastes so much like the real deal! Although a weird name, in my opinion (it's called a Fathead pizza crust), I decided to give it a try, and I am more than happy that I did. It is fantastic; thin, crispy, easy to make, and to top it off, this crust tastes delicious! Your Sayulita family and friends will be shocked when you tell them that this is a wonderful low carb treat.
- 1 &1/2 cups Grated mozzarella cheese - I find that the taste of mozzarella is much too bland for me, so I like to use Manchego de Cabra, a goat cheese that grates and melts beautifully. Many tiendas in Sayulita carry it.
- 2 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese - You can find it in many Sayulita tiendas.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup Almond Flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano; always crush dried herb leaves before adding to the dough. Crushing it brings out the beautiful aroma.
1. Place a baking sheet upside down on the lowest rack in the oven and
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Sprinkle a parchment lined baking sheet with cornmeal.
3. Combine the grated cheese and cream cheese together in a microwave proof bowl for 30 seconds. Stir together and then microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again.
4. Add the almond flour, oregano, garlic powder, and the egg to the melted cheeses. Using a fork, mix together until all is well combined.
5. Wet your hands with olive oil and then pat out the dough with your fingers. I like a rectangular shape best. For a nice crispy crust, pat out the dough nice and thin. Be patient, as this takes 2 or 3 minutes.
6. Transfer dough on parchment paper to upside down heated baking pan. This extra heat helps to crisp the dough nicely.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
8. Top with your favorite toppings and bake until cheese is melted.
9. I love pesto, roasted garlic, thinly sliced chorizo, jalapeños, and of course, more Manchego de cabra.
10. Add 2 Tablespoons of Lala Crema to a small ziplock bag; cut off a tiny corner with scissors and then drizzle the crema over the top of the baked pizza in zigzag lines. This is optional and makes for a nice
11. You can also scatter a few fresh cilantro leaves over the top.
12. Slice and Devour. Muy Delicioso!
I won’t be available for catering until November, but if you have any comments or questions please go to my Sayulita Life page, Live, Love, & Eat in Sayulita. I made a yummy Bacon, Spinach and Cheddar Cheese Casserole for brunch today. I loved the addition of a lot of spinach to give it a great taste, texture, and color. In my next column, I will share this recipe so that you can make it! After all, any time is brunch time in Sayulita!
Written by Karina Shecter