A casserole you say? I am normally not a casserole fan. However when looking for a
yummy brunch recipe, I came upon this Bacon, Spinach, Mushroom and Cheddar Cheese
It sounded so simple, chocked full of wonderful ingredients; I simply had to try it. I am
so happy that I did!
I had a very tough audience to please; my family!
Luckily, everyone loved it and wanted the recipe.
As a matter of fact my daughter Carly made them into mini muffins 3 days later!
See pics above.
- 9-11 eggs; scrambled
- 6-8 slices of bacon; cooked until crisp and then crumbled into chunks.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms; if U can’t find any portobello mushrooms you can use
regular white but the portobellos are more meaty in texture and flavour. Mega in
Buscerius always carries them.
-3 large handfuls of fresh spinach; chopped
-1 cup cheddar cheese; grated
-1/2 cup melted butter
1. Slice mushrooms into bite sized pieces and saute in butter. Add salt and fresh
cracked pepper to taste.
2. Combine all remaining prepared ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish or any baking pan of your choice; if using a mini muffin
pan be sure that it is greased very well before adding mixture.
4. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 25-35 minutes; once casserole has puffed up, it is
ready. For mini muffins bake for 12 minutes and then check if done. Bake a bit
longer if needed.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
6. YUMMY !!! I KNOW that you will love this recipe as much as myself and my family
I wanted to let you know that I will be taking a short break now.
I will be returning on July 13th. By then I will have some new and exciting recipes for you.
See you then!
Written by Karina Shecter