I LOVE COOKIES: peanut butter, shortbread, chocolate chip, etc.; there are so many possibilities! Today I want to share with you the most delicious cookie recipe: PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS. All of the ingredients for these cookies are available here in Sayulita, perhaps with the exception of the Chocolate Kisses, which you can always find at Mega. I can just visualize you sitting on your Sayulita patio enjoying these cookies as an afternoon delight with a glass of very chilled Prosecco or an ice cold glass of milk!
-½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
-½ cup smooth peanut butter (*I also like to make these with chunky peanut butter. You could also use almond butter as a substitute; it is easy to find at our Friday Mercado del Pueblo.)
-½ cup brown sugar
-½ cup white granulated sugar, plus ¼ cup more for rolling the prepared balls
-1 large egg
-1 & ¾ cup organic flour (*Terrenal, our organic tienda carries lovely silky white organic flour.)
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-½ teaspoon salt
-1 Tablespoon milk
-1 & ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
-48 Hershey’s kisses (*As I said above, Mega usually always carries these if you can’t find them in Sayulita.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the softened butter and the white and brown sugar.
- Add in the egg and mix until well blended.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture.
- Add in the milk and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Refrigerate this batter for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, make round balls with the dough.
- Refrigerate formed dough balls for an hour before baking.
- Roll in granulated sugar, then place balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. They will spread quite a bit during baking.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie until the sides of the cookie begin to crack. (*Please make sure that the chocolate kiss is centered and that the point of the kiss is pointing straight up.)
- Return to the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack. Yummy!
These cookies would make a great gift to a friend, or anyone that you would like to share them with. I like to bake for my gardener, the woman that helps me with cleaning my house, and for our property manager. They all have said that this is the BEST holiday gift that they have received!
The holiday season is not over yet! I am available to make these, or other cookies, appetizers, or a very fancy dessert to really impress and share! Please contact me through my Sayulita Life Web-page to place an order or for any comments or questions. You may also phone me at (322) 889-5408. I love hearing from you!
*Written by: Karina Shecter