Nuts and caramel, my most favorite yummy dessert when your moment needs a sweet treat. Lately, I have been experimenting with making desserts with a sweetener rather than sugar. Bingo!!! I found the perfect one and now have a yummy sweet treat. It is now my most favorite dessert!
Magic bars…they are sooo delicious that I keep a container with small bars that I can reach for when that sweet craving hits. I have no need for a crust so make it without. It is so very easy to make. So here it is. I sure hope that you love it as much as I do!
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- At least 1 cup of raw nuts
My favorite combination is roasted hazelnuts and cashews. Hazelnuts are my favorite so I use ¾ hazelnuts to ¼ cashews.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 batch of homemade condensed milk (See recipe below)
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE CONDENSED MILK:
- 1&1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sweetener of your choice.
I like to use a monk fruit allulose brand that I order online. Besti has a very good one that has no after-taste at all.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 to ½ teaspoon Zanthan gum or Glucomannan from Konjac Root
I order this Konjac root online. I do really prefer it to Zanthan gum
PREPARATION: (make the condensed milk 1st so that it can cool a bit)
1.Bring heavy cream to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in sweetener and then sprinkle ¼ teaspoon Konjac root and whisk to combine
3. Let cool for 10 minutes and it is ready!
In the meantime preheat the oven to 300 degrees
4. Line an 8x8 metal pan with parchment paper leaving 2 sides with overhanging edges
This makes the bar is easy to remove from the pan
5. Grease with cooking spray or butter
6. Sprinkle a later of the coconut over the pan surface
7. Add a layer of chocolate chips and then a thick layer of the nuts
8. Pour the homemade condensed milk over the entire top
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the entire top is a golden brown color
10. Let cool for about 20 minutes and then carefully score into the size bar you choose
I like to make 16 pieces
11. Refrigerate until cold and then recut pieces
Keep the pan stored in a closed container in the fridge and indulge whenever the mood sets in! My saliva glands are pouring just thinking about how delicious this square is.
If you have any questions or comments, you can connect with me on my web page Live Love & Eat in Sayulita. I do love hearing from you!
Submitted by Karina Shecter
Edited by Amy Rose Pearson