If you have been following me for a while now, you know that I LOVE pizza.
I recently came across a recipe for a cauliflower salami or cauliflower pepperoni pizza casserole that I think is quite delicious. We actually had it last night and the night before as our dinner. My husband and I loved it so much that 2 nights in a row was no problem at all!
- 3-4 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 10 slices salami or pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese…optional
- 5-8 slices bacon that is 3⁄4 cooked
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Bacon strips partially cooked
- 12 slices salami or pepperoni
- pesto and or a red sauce for dipping
1. Microwave the cauliflower florets for 10 minutes, uncovered, with 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream and 1 Tablespoon of butter
2. Stir to coat florets
3. Microwave 6-10 minutes longer or until cauliflower is tender
4. Add mixture to a food processor or blender with 10 slices salami or pepperoni and 1⁄4 cup of mozzarella
Puree ONLY TILL CHUNKY
5. Season with salt and pepper
6. Partially bake the bacon
I like to bake my bacon on a rolled rim cookie sheet that has been lined
with parchment paper
7. Spread 1⁄2 of the cauliflower mixture into an 8x8 or smaller casserole dish
8. Add bacon slices on top
9. Add provolone cheese
10. Add the remainder of the cauliflower mixture
11. Spread 1⁄2 cup or more of the grated mozzarella..if you like it very cheesy do extra
You can also change up the cheese to a very flavourful cheddar or ??? whatever you desire!
12. Layer the top with as much pepperoni as you would like
13. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes
14. Serve warm
I sure hope that you enjoy this casserole as much as we did. It is a full meal full of cauliflower, cheese, and meat!
If you would like to send a comment or ask me a question, please go to my web page Live Love & Eat in Sayulita. I love hearing from you!!!
Written by Karina Shecter
Edited by Amy Rose Pearson