Air Fryer, Air Fryer , Air Fryer! These days almost every food blogger is posting air fryer recipes. I am always hesitant to try new kitchen gadgets but the air fryer really appealed to me and guess who is selling a very good one here in Puerto Vallarta? Well Costco of course! Check out the pictures above of my air fryer. It is amazing for certain foods. Chicken wings are the best! Thin cut bacon is crispy and bacon wrapped brussel sprouts …even better.
They were so delicious and totally simple to make. You too will be impressed with how great these are.
I am thinking that even if you do not like brussel sprouts …that you will like these. The bacon gives them a very special taste.
Of course if you don’t have nor want to buy an air fryer, these bacon wrapped sprouts are also perfect baked in the oven!
You will find the photo gallery at the top of this column so that you can see how very easy these are to prepare.
The ingredients list is basically just 3 ingredients:
- 1 pound fresh Brussel Sprouts …I buy these at Alexandria’s Fruiteria here in Sayulita …next to our Friday Mercado; or at Costco.
- Thin cut bacon slices..I like FUD or San Rafael brands.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
All you do is:
1. Clean sprouts and trim ; slice in half if large.
2. Toss sprouts with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
3. Loosely wrap each sprout with a slice of bacon. Wrap these quite loosely as the bacon shrinks when cooking and will pop off if too tight.
4. Place in a single layer in the air fryer with bacon end facing down.
5. Cook until bacon is nice and crispy. 10-15 minutes.
They will be very hot inside so give them at least 5 minutes to cool somewhat!
I am going to make these again tomorrow cause they are sooo yummy!
If you have any questions or comments you can reach me through my web page Live Love & Eat in Sayulita. I love hearing from you
Recipe by Karina Shecter