I love risotto but since I watch my carb intake , I haven’t been making it .
Then last week I came across a cauliflower mushroom risotto and I loved it . No rice necessary! I had just made my coconut chicken recipe and paired the cauliflower risotto with it. The combination was so great that I just have to send you the risotto recipe so that they can be paired together!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , finely minced
- 1 cauliflower head cut into small florets
- 1-2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms…I prefer to chop them. White mushrooms work fine here
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream; this is whipping cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* I find the flavour of dried thyme pretty strong so add a bit at a time ( haha ). Get it …thyme and thyme! I prefer to grow lemon thyme and harvest and dry it. It has a much softer flavour but regular thyme works well.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1. Process cauliflower until it resembles rice.
2. Sauté onion over medium heat until onions are tender and then
3. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds till fragrant.
4. Stir in riced cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add in mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes longer.
6. Stir in chicken broth and reduce till it is absorbed.
* be sure to stir often.
7. Stir in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and thyme.
8. Cook over medium heat until it is creamy and thickened…about 5-6 minutes.
9. Allow it to cool a bit & then serve topped with the heated coconut chicken that you have ready.
This is such a delicious combination. I am pretty certain that you will enjoy this as much as we did!
If you have any questions or comments you can reach me through my web page Live Love & Eat in Sayulita.
I do love to hear from you!
Written by Karina Shecter