We don't usually get excited about salads, but this recipe will change your mind! Most ingredients were purchased at our local Mercado del Pueblo in Sayulita- every Friday from 10am - 2pm.
1 can of chickpeas or an equivalent dry amount
1 bell pepper
1/4 red onion
50g of goats cheese
1 large clove of garlic
salt and pepper
Soaking the chickpeas helps to soften them, which can make them easier to cook and may also improve their nutritional value. It also helps to remove some of the indigestible sugars that can cause digestive discomfort.
- Place the chickpeas in a large pot and add the water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the salt and let the chickpeas simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until they are tender.
- Drain the chickpeas and use them in your recipe as desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and goats cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and minced garlic.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Feel free to get creative and make it your own!
Interested in healthy salads, small share plates, grazing boards, and much more? Head to the Apetit Catering listing for more info.