List Your Property
List Your Business
Sayulita Business Map
Plan a Wedding
I am pretty sure that you have heard the old wives tale that says in hot weather you should drink something hot, as it helps to cool your body down. Well, in researching this online, I see that some researchers say "yes", and some say "no". However, I am sticking with the "yes" side and giving you the recipe for the best chicken soup (Jalapeno Lime Chicken) that I have ever eaten! Try this for yourself to see if it helps cool you down in our warm Sayulita tropical climate.
You must definitely make this Jalapeno Lime Chicken Soup recipe because it is so delicious!
-1 whole chicken
-1 large onion; roughly chopped
-3 cloves garlic roughly chopped; if small cloves, use 5
-1-2 jalapeños thinly sliced; if you like it really spicy, definitely use 2
-3 Tablespoons olive oil
-1-2 cans white beans or any beans of your choice
-4 cups chicken broth; you can use the prepared broth for this
-4 cups water
-1 big juicy lime
- Salt to taste
-1 Jalapeño, thinly sliced for the garnish
-Fresh chopped cilantro for the garnish
-Fresh lime wedges
• In a large stock pot, sauté the onions, garlic, and jalapeño slices; sprinkle with a bit of salt while sautéing until onions are soft, tender and lightly browned.
• Add the chicken to the pot and then top with chicken stock and water.
• Cover pot and simmer on low heat until chicken is literally falling off the bone; at least an hour. *You do not want the stock to boil rapidly, as it will reduce the amount of finished broth
• Take the chicken from the pot, removing all the skin and bones, and shred.
• In a blender, puree the broth; you may need to do a few batches because if you over fill it, it will make a huge splattered mess.
• Pour the broth back into the pot, also adding back the shredded chicken, beans, and lime juice.
• Serve warm, topping soup with reserved cilantro, fresh thinly sliced jalapeños (if you desire) and lime wedges.
Honestly, I am not usually a soup eater, but this soup is so, so delicious. I love it! This would be a great dish to take to your next Sayulita potluck dinner party!
My next column will be a Pork Tenderloin Satay with Peanut or Almond Butter Dipping Sauce.
Yum! Pure deliciousness!