Casa Colibri in Punta El Custodio is located in a secure, gated community with only 14 villas above Platanitios beach, 90 minutes north of Sayulita. If you want to experience the tropical beauty of the unspoiled Riviera Nayarit coastline, without tour buses, packed beaches, noisy nightlife, pricey boutiques, if you like peace and serenity… this is the place for you.
Punta el Custodio has one of the finest surf breaks on Mexico's Pacific coast. If surfing or boogie-boarding is not your thing, you'll be enchanted by squadrons of pelicans and frigate birds, pods of whales in season, dolphins, egrets, herons… We're close to some of the finest bird watching country in North America. Go deep sea fishing, horseback riding on our 12-mile long fine sand beach, take a jungle cruise and see real crocodiles… In short, Punta el Custodio is probably what Puerto Vallarta looked like 100 years ago. 25 years from now it will probably have 20-story high-rise hotels, but not yet. Carpe Diem!
Rates include a personal chef and housekeeper. Rent a car at the Puerto Vallarta airport, or you can arrange for a pickup and drop off service at a reasonable cost.
With 4 bedrooms and 5 baths, Casa Colibri accommodates 8 adults. All of the bedrooms have A/C and ensuite baths. Three of the bedrooms have King beds and the 4th bedroom has a Queen bed.
This family-friendly vacation rental has a heated private pool, adjacent to the main living area. This is great if you have small kids, as you can keep an eye on them while you go about your daily activities. Moms, please read this! Casa Colibri is the only villa in our tiny community whose private pool is visible — and immediately accessible — from the main living area: no walls, steps, or barriers of any kind. You are always mere seconds from the pool while your kids play in it, and they will likely want to spend hours playing in the pool — it's a kid magnet. And no infinity pool with a 25-foot drop-off into the Pacific Ocean.
Casa Colibri is uniquely designed with four separate structures, three of them with soaring palapa roofs. They are connected by a vine-covered path and surrounded by lush, tropical gardents including wild orchids that bloom in season.
Unique amenities that make Casa Colibri so special include:
- Colibri is the most kid-safe, kid-friendly house on the Point, with a free heated private pool that is virtually part of the main living area (which has no wall on the side where the pool is). The pool is a kid magnet, your kids will love it!
- It's the most private and quiet of all the homes; and the only one surrounded on all sides by common area. Surf is always audible, but soft and lulling. It will put you to sleep, not jolt you out of bed with crashing waves.
- Colibri is four separate buildings, a kind of "palapa village." This is privacy-plus!
- Spacious bedrooms, each with full private bath.
- There's a 5th full bath right off the living area, for your day guests who use the pool and beach.
- Virtually endless cloth napkins for all meals, laundered and ironed as needed by the housekeeper/cook.
- The main living area, being a palapa, retains no heat during the day, unlike the concrete houses.
- The round marble dining table seats 14. The breakfast nook table seats an additional 6, and the bar 5. We've had Thanksgiving dinners with up to 25 people.
- Speaking of food, Colibri has a large, well-equipped kitchen. For guests who like to prepare their own meals, your can have four cooks in the kitchen at once and not stumble over one another.
- Colibri shares a 48 kW generator with 7 other houses, so during CFE failures, which can be frequent and long-lasting, just about everything except the air conditioning and pool pump can run.
- For reasons unclear, Colibri is practically jijene-free, although if you are especially sensitive to biting insects, you may wish to bring repellant, as you are in the jungle.
The stairways down to the ocean are just 50 yards away. A few yards across the estuary lies Playa las Tortugas (Turtle Beach), 12 miles long and one of the most stunning beaches on the entire Riviera Nayarit coast.
Casa Colibri includes housekeeping and a chef: 7:30 AM - 4 PM weekdays, 7:30 AM — Noon on Saturdays. [Note: housekeeper/chef will come on Sundays if you opt for the meal plan -- see below.] Moña will prepare your meal and you can enjoy it at your leisure whenever you are hungry.
A generous meal plan is availlable. The meal plan provides — and prepares — food for you onsite for three meals a day. We highly recommend the meal plan due to very limited local shopping opportunities. This is a cash plan payable to the property rental manager, Ismael.
- The charge for the meal plan is $230 USD per adult per week, $115 USD per child age 5-11 per week, and no charge for children under 5. The plan includes soft drinks and up to one case of beer (Pacifico or Coronas) per adult per week. Wine and hard liquor are not included, but are available at the Gatehouse store at a reasonable cost.
- Ismael (fluent in English) will do his very best to meet special dietary restrictions or needs or preferences. If you have a yen to cook for yourselves, feel free!
- If you choose meal plan, Moña will prepare your meals in Casa Colibri’s spacious and well appointed kitchen. You can eat indoors or al fresco on one of the terraces. The meal plan provides three meals a day, prepared in your kitchen. Beer, soda, bottled water, fresh-squeezed OJ are included. Bring your own wine and liquor or purchase some at the little Gatehouse store. Please note Moña works until 4 PM, so she will prepare your evening meal and leave it for you to enjoy at your leisure. The traditional, covered Mexican clay dishes keep food warm for a very long time, or you can reheat as you wish and enjoy a private meal. Please note Moña does not stay during dinner and serve the meal.
- If you opt out of the meal plan, Moña will cook the food you provide. She always provides housekeeping with or without the meal plan. (Because it’s a large house open to the elements in areas, it requires daily cleaning and sweeping.)
- If you have more than four guests in your party, Moña works with a helper. The extra housekeeper will cost $15.00 USD/day, payable to Ismael. This charge is waived if you opt for the meal plan.
- So, in other words, the rental always comes with housekeeping and cook, whether or not you get the meal plan.
- TIPPING: Moña and her helper are not our employees, they work for the rental manager. Tipping is very much encouraged and appreciated. We recommend about $5.00 USD per adult guest per day. If Moña has a helper, we recommend $7.50 per adult guest per day: Moña will share the tip with the helper.
Important notes regarding internet:
Casa Colibri has free in-house WiFi internet via HughesNet satellite, with adequate download speeds for email and light browsing. Streaming movies, videos, downloading music or online gaming is not recommended, because this can rapidly consume the monthly data allowance, and once that is gone — so is your Internet access. Contact Owner for details.
If you plan to run a heavily Internet-dependent business while you are at Casa Colibri: do not rent this villa, as high-speed Internet connectivity cannot be guaranteed.
Please use the contact form to get in touch with any questions and to request a reservation. We look forward to welcoming you to Casa Colibri!