Surf Mexico Surf lessons, offering experienced and accredited instructors to make the most of your surfing experience. We offer surf lessons for all levels. Surf lessons begin at our easy to find office in Bucerias and transportation is provided to the surrounding Punta de Mita surf breaks. Bucerias is a short cab or bus ride from Sayulita and our Surf Mexico is super easy to find, near the Mega grocery store.
Looking for the best surf lessons in the Sayulita area? Our lessons are easy and fun! Being an ASI Accredited School means that our instructors focus on getting you up and surfing with confidence and style in no time. We have developed superior instructional techniques to assist all levels of surfers, from beginner to advanced. We use a system of waterproof dual communication so you can learn in the water, as well as video referencing. We’ll have you up and paddling or surfing on Punta Mita’s beautiful waters from your first lesson.
A typical Surf Lesson with us here at Surf Mexico
9:00 am – Our surf lessons will begin at our store, Surf Mexico, in Bucerias, Nayarit.
We will transport you in our “surf van” to one of the best places in the region for your surf lesson.
9:45 am – We will arrive at the beautiful Surf break point in Punta Mita,
where we will make your surf lesson simple.
10:00 am – Begin your adventure by starting your surf lesson, it will have a duration of 1.5 hours in the water.
11:30 am – Get out of the water, you can drink water to hydrate and we will return to the surf shop in Mexico.
12:45 pm – Arrive back to our store, Surf Mexico, in Bucerias.
Cost: $115 USD per person for a private lesson. Group lessons cost $95 USD per person (minimum 2 people).
Beginner Surf Lessons
Surf awareness, safety and self-rescue skills
- Understand the surf environment
- Types of waves and their dangers
- Identify rips and how to get out of them
- Understand beach information and warning signs
- Identify surf hazards and how to avoid them
- Methods to negotiate through the surf
- Methods to come in from the surf with
- Use self-rescue techniques
- Caring for the beach environment
Intermediate Surf Lessons
Board control and intermediate level surfing manoeuvres (top and bottom turns, cut-backs and re-entries on forehand and backhand)
- Assess surfing conditions-weather, swell, tides, wind direction, speed
- Identify how to read waves by understanding different water conditions, wave types,
- Identify 5 different types of surf breaks
- Select a surfing location for the intermediate surfer
- Choose a suitable place for entering and exiting the water at different surf breaks
- Identify and use the different types of rips an
- Negotiate broken and unbroken waves using the duck dive
- Identify correct paddling out protocol
- Choose the correct waves to ride,
- Identify the correct take off position.
- Correctly ride the wave by understanding how body weight and speed affect surfing
- •Identify how to turn your board
- Identify methods to get off the wave
- How to wipe out safely at the intermediate level
Advanced Surf Lessons
Control surfboard and link advanced level surfing manoeuvres in the critical part of the wave
- Predict surf conditions at different surf breaks taking-weather, tide, and land formations into consideration
- Identify hazards at surfing at the advanced level
- Select a surfing location for the advanced surfer
- Negotiate advanced level waves
- Identify different types of take-offs
With our video referencing service we will record a video of your session and reviewing the footage you will receive advice from our instructors.
Please contact us via the form by email or telephone with any questions and to book your surf lesson!