ABOUT LA ORCA DE SAYULITA:
Sayulita's first pure whale watch and whale research company. We want to offer a non-invasive, environmentally conscious option for whale watching in Sayulita. We are the first people to conduct whale research from the town, and we hope to improve cetacean knowledge in the area to help to better protect and conserve the whales and dolphins of the region. We use our whale watch trips as a platform to conduct research, therefore all our tours leave DIRECTLY from Sayulita beach.
We respect and love whales, and want to share our knowledge and passion. Nico, our main guide, is a zoologist who has worked with whales in nine locations on five different continents, including 12 seasons in Mexico! She has a MSc in Marine Science and Management and a BSc in Zoology and she is in the planning stages of a PhD.
The word "ORCA" in our name "La Orca de Sayulita" is an acronym originating from the following Spanish words... OBSERVA (observe), RESPETA (respect), CONSERVA (conserve) and AYUDA (help).
We want to make sure that whale watching in Sayulita is of a high quality, respectful of both the animals and whale watching regulations, and that some of the money spent on whale watching goes back directly to help the whales! A percentage of each adults' ticket cost will go to the local Mexican whale NGO (ECOBAC), which directly supports the Mexican whale disentanglement network (RABEN), patrols and monitors boat conduct around whales in the Bay of Banderas and undertakes various research projects investigating cetaceans throughout Mexico.
WE HOPE TO INSPIRE A
PASSION WITHIN YOU,
SO THAT YOU GO AWAY
TO BE LIFE LONG
HUMPBACK WHALES AND
OTHER WHALE SPECIES!
LA ORCA DE SAYULITA TOURS:
- We offer biologist led, 3 hour whale watching tours, leaving directly from the beach in Sayulita
- Licenced whale watching boats.
- Spaces are limited with small groups of 8 people maximum.
- The guides are experienced biologists engaged in whale research.
- Free photos are provided from each trip, and light snacks and water are included.
- A hydrophone, a special marine microphone, is also onboard so that you can hear the whales.
- Tours leave at 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM, during Humpback whale season (1st December til 23rd March).
- Price: Adults: $1400 MXN Children 6 - 12 years $800 MXN
- Private tour (up to 8 people) $7500 MXN
- Payment in American/Canadian dollars/Euros etc. is accepted and will be taken at the value of currency on the day of payment.
- Children 5 years and under are only suited to private whale watch tours.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL VIA THE CONTACT INFORMATION FORM
WHAT TO EXPECT?
We will be whale watching in the area around Sayulita, San Pancho, Litibu and the Pacific side of Punta de Mita, avoiding the tourist crowds of the Bay of Banderas. We believe that the beauty of whale watching is to be respectful of the whales, to respect the whale watching regulations, and to be the only boat for miles!
The whale watching industry in the area is based around humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) migrating to the region each winter. However, we may well also see Bryde's whales (Balaenoptera edeni), gray whales (Eschrichtius robustus), false killer whales (Pseudorca crassidens), orca killer whales (Orcinus orca), bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus), pantropical spotted dolphins (Stenella attenuata) and rough toothed dolphins (Steno bredanensis). Of course being out on the ocean........anything is possible!